the numerals in the ancient Roman system of notation, still used for certain limited purposes, as in some pagination, dates on buildings, etc. The common basic symbols are I (=1), V (=5), X (=10), L (=50), C (=100), D (=500), and M (=1000). The Roman numerals for one to nine are: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. A bar over a letter multiplies it by 1000;
thus, X̄ equals 10,000. Integers are written according to these two rules: If a letter is immediately followed by one of equal or lesser value, the two values are added;
thus, XX equals 20, XV equals 15, VI equals 6. If a letter is immediately followed by one of greater value, the first is subtracted from the second;
thus, IV equals 4, XL equals 40, CM equals 900. Examples: XLVII(=47), CXVI(=116), MCXX(=1120), MCMXIV(=1914). Roman numerals may be written in lowercase letters, though they appear more commonly in capitals.
Waterwa•ter (wô′tər, wot′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid, a compound of hydrogen and oxygen, H2O, freezing at 32°F or 0°C and boiling at 212°F or 100°C, that in a more or less impure state constitutes rain, oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.: it contains 11.188 percent hydrogen and 88.812 percent oxygen, by weight.
- a special form or variety of this liquid, as rain.
- Often, waters. this liquid in an impure state as obtained from a mineral spring: Last year we went to Marienbad for the waters.
- the liquid content of a river, inlet, etc., with reference to its relative height, esp. as dependent on tide: a difference of 20 feet between high and low water.
- the surface of a stream, river, lake, ocean, etc.: above, below, or on the water.
- flowing water, or water moving in waves: The river's mighty waters.
- the sea or seas bordering a particular country or continent or located in a particular part of the world: We left San Diego and sailed south for Mexican waters.
- a liquid solution or preparation, esp. one used for cosmetic purposes: lavender water; lemon water.
- Often, waters. [Med.]
- amniotic fluid.
- the bag of waters;
amnion: Her water broke at 2 a.m.
- any of various solutions of volatile or gaseous substances in water: ammonia water.
- any liquid or aqueous organic secretion, exudation, humor, or the like, as tears, perspiration, or urine.
- [Finance.]fictitious assets or the inflated values they give to the stock of a corporation.
- a wavy, lustrous pattern or marking, as on silk fabrics or metal surfaces.
- (formerly) the degree of transparency and brilliancy of a diamond or other precious stone.
- above water, out of embarrassment or trouble, esp. of a financial nature: They had so many medical bills that they could hardly keep their heads above water.
- break water:
- to break the surface of the water by emerging from it.
- [Swimming.]to break the surface of the water with the feet, esp. in swimming the breaststroke doing the frog kick.
- to break the amniotic sac prior to parturition.
- by water, by ship or boat: to send goods by water.
- hold water:
- to be logical, defensible, or valid: That accusation won't hold water.
- to check the movement of a rowboat by keeping the oars steady with the blades vertical.
- dead in the water. See dead (def. 36).
- in deep water, in great distress or difficulty: Their marriage has been in deep water for some time.
- in hot water. See hot water.
- like water, lavishly;
freely: The champagne flowed like water.
- make water:
- (of a boat) to allow water to enter;
- to urinate.
- take water, (of a boat) to allow water to enter through leaks or portholes or over the side.
- tread water. See tread (def. 12).
- to sprinkle, moisten, or drench with water: to water the flowers; to water a street.
- to supply (animals) with water for drinking.
- to furnish with a supply of water, as a ship.
- to furnish water to (a region), as by streams;
supply (land) with water, as by irrigation: The valley is watered by a branch of the Colorado River. Our land is watered by the All-American Canal.
- to dilute, weaken, soften, or adulterate with, or as with, water (often fol. by down): to water soup; to water down an unfavorable report.
- [Finance.]to issue or increase the par value of (shares of stock) without having the assets to warrant doing so (often fol. by down).
- to produce a wavy, lustrous pattern, marking, or finish on (fabrics, metals, etc.): watered silk.
- to discharge, fill with, or secrete water or liquid, as the eyes when irritated, or as the mouth at the sight or thought of tempting food.
- to drink water, as an animal.
- to take in a supply of water, as a ship: Our ship will water at Savannah.
- make one's mouth water, to excite a desire or appetite for something: The roasting turkey made our mouths water.
- of or pertaining to water in any way: a water journey.
- holding, or designed to hold, water: a water jug.
- worked or powered by water: a water turbine.
- heating, pumping, or circulating water (often used in combination): hot-water furnace; city waterworks.
- used in or on water: water skis.
- containing or prepared with water, as for hardening or dilution: water mortar.
- located or occurring on, in, or by water: water music; water frontage.
- residing by or in, or ruling over, water: water people; water deities.
Hosehose (hōz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hose for 2, 3; hos•es for 1, 4, 5;
(Archaic) hos•en (hō′zən);
USA pronunciation v., hosed, hos•ing.
- a flexible tube for conveying a liquid, as water, to a desired point: a garden hose; a fire hose.
- (used with a pl. v.) an article of clothing for the foot and lower part of the leg;
stocking or sock.
- (of men's attire in former times)
- an article of clothing for the leg, extending from about the knee to the ankle and worn with knee breeches.
- (used with a pl. v.) knee breeches.
- (used with a pl. v.) tights, as were worn with, and usually attached to, a doublet.
- a sheath, or sheathing part, as that enclosing a kernel of grain.
- to water, wash, spray, or drench by means of a hose (often fol. by down): to hose the garden; to hose down the ship's deck.
- to cheat, trick, or take advantage of.
- to defeat decisively.
- to reject.
- [Chiefly Mil.]to attack or assault (an area) in order to gain control quickly (sometimes fol. by down).
Howdy folks, this picture is about Dia X 100 Ft. Water Hose ( 100 Ft Garden Hose #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 950 x 950. It's file size is only 125 KB. Wether You desired to download This image to Your PC, you can Click here. You also too see more photos by clicking the following photo or see more at here: 100 Ft Garden Hose.
On just how to pick the Dia X 100 Ft. Water Hose ( 100 Ft Garden Hose #2) for some reason, before selecting blinds for that suites inside your home, these more in depth elaboration tips. Often we set up blinds at home and realized the layer is too small or too big for your window. This experience truly do not desire you back, consequently begin to gauge the dimension of one's area screen prior to purchase curtains. Gauge the window often the duration or width of the screen itself.
Not only this, we need also to assess width and the length of the wall where the window is located. This really is to ascertain whether you want a type of high curtains holding right down to contact modest blinds that have a dimension bear or the floor. Curtains dimension was obviously used to the purpose space where the curtains will undoubtedly be inserted in addition to adjusting how big is the surfaces and also the windows.
The versions drapes hanging down is the most appropriate when the curtains will be used for rooms. As for toilet or the living room, the Dia X 100 Ft. Water Hose ( 100 Ft Garden Hose #2) are sized bear is the most appropriate.